We are committed to producing top quality fuel everytime
Our biodiesel is manufactured to an exacting standard which, coupled with a rigorous quality assurance process, ensures excellent product quality and consistency throughout.
How we ensure top-quality biodiesel:
- Refine the feedstock – the first stage is to ensure that the feedstock has been pre-processed to reduce contaminants, animal fats, and moisture
- Quality feedstock – results in quality fuel
- Regular in-house testing – we test every batch of fuel and any batch not meeting the required standards is either reprocessed or discarded
- 3rd-party testing – samples of biodiesel are periodically sent to an independent laboratory for quality testing
How we measure the quality of our biodiesel:
Our fuel meets exacting standards based on the European Biodiesel Specification EN14214 modified for biodiesel derived from waste vegetable oil.
The key parameters are:
- Biodiesel (methy ester) content – min 96.5% (+/- 3%) – this is a measure of how much vegetable oil has been turned into biodiesel and is the most important criteria
- Methanol content – max 0.5% – excessive methanol in biodiesel causes corrosion of metal engine parts and can also lead to the pre-ignition phenomenon
- Density – 860 to 900 – high density is a measure of contamination (usually oil)
- Viscosity – 3.5 to 5.0 – high viscosity (usually caused by unreacted vegetable oil) stresses fuel pumps to breaking point
- Water content – max 500ppm – high water content causes corrosion in engines
- Glycerol content – high glycerol content confirms poor purification of the biodiesel after it has been made. This is a strong indicator that soaps, methanol, water, glycerides and other contaminants are present in the fuel. Glycerol can lead to filter clogging, injector choking and corrosion
We independently check for these and more quality parameters so that we can assure our customers that they are using quality biodiesel.
Please contact us if you would like any more information on our quality control, or if you would like to visit our production facilities.